Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Timmy it's time for Dinner!

So, I was over at a friend's house last week and I noticed that she had written all the meals that she was going to make for the week. I asked her about her meal planning and she said it was the hardest part of her week to sit down and figure out what to make for dinner.

Now I am no Master Chef. But I have tried a few times in the past to schedule meals for the whole week on Monday. This week I felt pumped to try it again.

I came up with my recipes from Home and Gardens Cook Book.


Monday night I made Balsamic Vinegar Beans and Spaghetti Squash. Blake and I did not really like the texture of the Spaghetti Squash but the Beans were delish. We had the beans on rice for lunch on Tuesday (and that was a lot better). I even bought myself a pressure cooker to cook up good beans.

Did you know the combination of beans and rice give you just as much protein as meat? And they are cheaper and very healthy!

Anyways... talking about food...

I shop at Albertsons. They have been doing this monopoly game thing where you get so many tickers after you buy your groceries. Then you put them on the game board and once you collect all the tickets for a prize you win.

Guess who won a Wii?!?!

And plus the tickets come with coupons to use in the store (I have gotten lots of free stuff!)

HAHA Anyways, I like getting good deals. I want to start using coupons more.

How do you get good deals at stores? Any tricks of the trade I need to know?

4 comments:

Sarager Family said...

Good job Celeste. Thats sweet you guys won a Wii, just make sure your husband doesn't spend all his free time on it:)
Seth

Unknown said...

SHUT UP! You won a WII? Totally awesome. You are rad! How cool.

I just started couponing. It's a lot of work to get started, but I'm saving a ton.

I was really overwhelmed at first, but I think this book was by far the most helpful thing I found. (and I did a lot of looking.) TOTALLY worth the price of the book, I think.

http://pickanothercheckoutlanehoney.com/

then use this website, in conjunction with the book.

http://thekrazycouponlady.com/

Brett and Liz Stephens said...

Sweet! my sister told me about the albertsons thing she is close to winning $1000 in groceries or something. by the way I love the titles of your blog posts... some times they are just so funny and don't totally make sense :) but they are fun and creative. I like it and I like you!

Marcinelle said...

That is amazing about the Wii! I could use some inspiration in meal preparation. The bean and rice dish looked really good, actually. I am glad to know that it is as much protein as wheat.