Thursday, March 10, 2011

RS

Happy Birthday Relief Society!

I really enjoy reading what Sis. Beck talks about. In the March Ensign she talks about how important families are. She writes in such simplicity that it cuts right into my heart. She is currently the President of the largest and oldest women's organization in the world called Relief Society.

Love this from her talk

"Live in your home so that you’re brilliant in the basics, so that you’re intentional about your roles and responsibilities in the family. Think in terms of precision not perfection. If you have your goals and you are precise in how you go about them in your homes, youth will learn from you. They will learn that you pray, study the scriptures together, have family home evening, make a priority of mealtimes, and speak respectfully of your marriage partner. Then from your example the rising generation will gain great hope."

Julie B. Beck - Teaching the Doctrine of the Family March Ensign 2011

I just saw this on the Church website about Sis. Beck talking in the new BYU-I Center to almost 10,000 women. Let me just say that Blake's graduating class was the first to graduate from the beautiful new auditorium. Check it out!


4 comments:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

OH! I loved this talk too! I love Sis. Beck and her straight forward approach.

Brett and Liz Stephens said...

Thanks for that post. great quote. i will have to read the talk. like you!

Marcinelle said...

I love Sister Beck. I want to be like her when I grow up! Seriously, her talks have always inspired me. Thanks for sharing!

Sarager Family said...

Beautiful Building