Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Dc Trip - Wednesday

Wednesday morning we went right to the American History Smithsonian.
I got to wind surf... I was pretty good what can I say?
No Blake was the pro though! He's a natural...
All I need now is a dog, that's what I keep telling Blake.
Who doesn't love Sesame Street?
My dear Mr. Lincoln's hat
How big is your hand compared to President Lincoln's? Blake's was about the same size...LOL
President Lincoln's gun (probably one of many)... we like guns. Every American Family should own a gun.
The Germany wall
"I think you should dump that guy."
"This market is really beginning to pick up."
We found the cutest spot to take some more pictures. Kissing is always fun.

Oh la la.
We had a tour of the Supreme Court Building. I loved this tour it was great! Here is a picture of the whorly, twirly staircase.
John Marshall - Supreme Court Justice(Good cafeteria in this building just in case you wanted to know)
Outside the Supreme Court Building
Blake and the Supreme Court Building We decided to go to the Library of Congress, this was one of my favorite buildings! It is so beautifully ornate and I wish I lived there so I could get a library card and do some research. Blake and I snuck into a tour group to see the main entrance hall... I loved it!

Library of Congress Ceiling

We went to my cousin's apartment literally right across from the National Gallery of Art right downtown. We got to hang out with Matt and Corie; it was so good to see them both! We would have taken some better pictures but we had to hurry to catch the bus. :)
We love you Corie and Matt Hawkes!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun to see Corie and Matt! YEAH!!

Lincoln said...

I love old looking big buildings. Sometimes I have fantasies about have a huge house that looked like some old government building. I would have to have a whole army of maids to clean it though.

Andrew S said...

i love the library of congress. it is amazing people think of how to make something so beautiful. it was great you got to see Cory and Matt!

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

The way you and blake take pictures cracks me up! I need to be more creative like you!

and I am PRO guns too! very American

Marcinelle said...

Libraries are one of my all time favorite buildings and places to see, too! What a sweet picture of you and Corie. I am glad you got to see her. I know it meant a lot to her.

Amber said...

I didn't know you had cousins there. That's rad. p.s. you guys are cheesy. but i love cheesy!