Monday, April 13, 2009

DC Trip Monday

Iwo Jima Momument
White House Easter Egg Roll (sorry there are a lot of pictures of the White House, just deal with it). We had to wait in line for a couple of hours before they let our group in. You cannot get this close to the White House anymore (because of 9/11) but this event allows you to get on the lawn.


The White House! I think I saw Obama's daughters running around outside...The White House Easter Egg Roll was crazy! There were a ton of people there. You had to have tickets to go and a child under ten. We had a special system of getting into the event :)
There were lots of activities for the kids to do.
Paige had fun and got her hand painted.
Shelly, Blake, Celeste
Shelly is so much fun!

The Capitol Building - inside the Rotundum

Can you find me?
Do I look like the Arizona Senator?
The Rotundum - there is so much history in all these buildings!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

This looks like an AMAZING trip!

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

You take great pictures! I feel like I was there! and I really want to go ASAP!

Marcinelle said...

What a fantastic trip! You and Blake will remember this trip forever! I have loved reading about your adventures!

Lincoln said...

I love that statue of the soldiers at Iwo Jima. Your Easter egg hunt looked like fun.

Andrew S said...

Wow!! you did it all! The statue of Iwo Jima is touching..... so many have sacrificed their lives for us.

Amber said...

Congratulations on your baby girl!... Of 4 years... Ha! Good plan!