Saturday, April 11, 2009

DC Trip - April 11, 2009

Saturday morning we went to South Riding's Easter Egg Hunt (town sponsered) where Paige (age 4) and Dillon (18 months) participated in the tradition of finding eggs or as you can see in the background filling up their baskets as quick as possible.
Of course Blake and I wanted our neice to get as many eggs as possible. When the alarm sounded we ran out and started helping her fill up her basket with eggs. We soon realized that supply was way higher than demand. Paige got lots of goodies and trinckets (stickers and stuff you throw away after a day). I love that when you are a kid every little thing you acquire has value to you no matter how junky it is.
Dillon and Shelly. It was a little rainy that day.

Shelly, Dillon, Celeste, Kirk, Paige
The freaky Easter Bunny - Boy I am scared of big furry creatures in costumes but kids sure love it...

After the Egg Hunt we loaded the kids up and headed to DC. We first went to the Natural History Smithsonian and I think everyone and their mom was there. It was crazy crowded even though it is a huge museum. This was one of my favorite Smithsonians hands down (we went back on Monday as well). You could spend days in just one Smithsonian to read everything. Since I am a Biologist I had studied a lot of the topics on display.
I could write pages of what we saw and read but I am sure I would bore you to death.

7 comments:

Brett and Liz Stephens said...

so fun. I'm sure you loved the museum... you nerd... just kidding, love ya celeste. I'm glad you got to go on a fun vacation. come see me now soon.

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

I too love that museum and went many times growing up... Glad y'all had fun!

Weimer Family! said...

Looks like you guys had a ton of fun! Wish we could have gone too. We will see you soon...

Unknown said...

Celeste, this trip looks AMAZING!

HOW fun!

Lincoln said...

That Easter bunny kind of looks like one of those scary characters out of a movie. "Come here little children and I will give you candy, he, he, he, he,..."

Andrew S said...

Someday we will be the ones stuffed... laying in the coffin-- we better enjoy everyday!! :)

Marcinelle said...

It would be so fun one day to take your children and our other grandchildren and go on this adventure together!