Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Dc Trip - Tuesday


Blake and I found a commuter bus system that left from Virginia to DC. We were at the bus station by 7:30am every morning for our 1 1/2 ride. It wasn't too bad. We slept most of the time because we were on our feet all day.


On Tuesday morning we decided to head back to the Natural History Smithsonian so that we could look at the rest of the museum before the huge crowds came. I absolutley loved this museum! I could have been there for days...LOL

This is the Hope Diamond - the biggest blue diamond in the world.

This display is showing the comparative anatomy of our closest relatives. I had to get a picture so that I could show my biology class someday.
I just like this turtle skeleton. Cool huh?

We got to hold Australian Walking Sticks. It was so cool!
Blake (isn't he super cute?)I loved all of the bugs at the museum. They had an awesome section talking about human forensics... I am totally a sucker for these kinds of things.

By lunch time we waited out the National Archives for about 1 1/2 hours. We got use to waiting in huge lines for everything. The building was really pretty. They only allow so many people in the rotundum at a time.



The documents lay behind us. So exciting. Sorry these pictures are not very good because they do not allow flash photography.Trying to read it...
The Constitution

In the afternoon we head to the Air and Space Smithsonian.


Space Rocket Engine - Blake was super excited about this

It's been a long day!

6 comments:

Lincoln said...

That is one big bug. It would have been funny if some old lady would have seen you holding that bug and come over and killed it and then walked away talking to herself. Old people can be so funny sometimes.

Andrew S said...

Space..... the final frontier.... thats for me!!

Sarager Family said...

Oh my gosh I could not hold that stick. AHHHHH it would freak me out. YOU are so BRAVE.

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

All Lincoln's comments are cracking me up! His scenarios are funny.

I love how good the public transportation is in that area! We always parked at fairfax and took the subway everywhere... loved that!

Marcinelle said...

Wow! These pictures are incredible! I wish we could go there as a whole Sarager family! What a fantastic experience!

Amber said...

My favorite museum is the Natural History one! That's cool that they let you hold that nasty bug. I'm so jealous!