Saturday, June 14, 2008

Teton Dam Marathon! 26.2 Miles



After four months of intense training, the day of the marathon is finally here!
The morning of the race I had to wake up at 4:30am. Talk about early. My wonderful husband helped me to get ready and we picked up two of my other running buddies Jen Ogden and her friend Lisa. All the runners had to meet at Madison High School at about 5 am to be bused over to the Teton Dam. I was super excited!
The race started at 6:30 am at the Dam site. It was a perfect beautiful still morning. Everything was going good until about the 17 mile. My stomach started having really bad nausea. My running buddy Jen Ogden (who I also met at a BYU Dance camp back in 2004), stayed with me the whole time. What a friend! I called up Blake from some random volunteers phone and asked him to get me some Sprite and Peptobismol. When I drank that it totally helped my stomach. Do you see the porypottie on the side of the road? Yep, I pretty much used like half of them lol.
I love running in Idaho because of all the farms everwhere. It's so beautiful! I just want to say a great big thank you to Jen who stayed with me through the whole race when I was not feeling good because I slowed down quit a bit and she was doing great. It felt so good to go through the finish line! Woot Woot!
I also want to say thank you to my wonderful husband who has been so supportive with my training and being there foe me! What a hot tamale!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

how do you even train for a marathon?
it is so impressive to me that you ran one! so cool! good job!

Unknown said...

CELESTE! Way to go babe! I'm so impressed by you, all the time. I want to be like you when I grow up.

Tummy Ache? so sorry

Amber said...

You're so tough! I'm glad it went well. Do you think you'll do another one? I'm glad you didn't yack during the race. That's never fun and it makes you dehydrated too. Great job!

Brett and Liz Stephens said...

Good Job with your run. You are amazing. Hey Brett has a baseball game this friday at 8:30 if you guys aren't doing much and want to come.