Thursday, August 4, 2011

It's a ....


.....



BOY!!!



Blake and I are so excited! Blake thought it was going to be a girl because both his brothers only have (a) girl(s). I am so excited that it's going to be a boy because I want a little Blake (Blake was the cutest baby!)

It was very apparent on the ultrasound that it is healthy, little boy weighing about 14 ounces. I still can't believe that a little human is growing inside of me.





I am not going to lie. This pregnancy has been the HARDEST, physically, emotionally demanding thing I have ever experienced in my life (and that's saying a lot). I am still not feeling good but my nausea is so much better than the first four months. Like even today, I have been nauseated since 2:30 and I threw up tonight. My stomach hurts on and off everyday.

I seriously don't think I can do this again in the future. I wanted to have as many kids as I could physically and emotionally handle. I am only HALF-WAY through this pregnancy and it's still kicking my butt. When I talk to other mothers, they say you forget about the first part of your nauseated pregnancy. I just don't think I will ever forget how sick I feel. This pregnancy is so MISERABLE... I HATE feeling this way.

Growing up I have had lots of energy to live life. I have always enjoyed being active, working out, and eating lots of food. I still can't go to the grocery store, make food, or be hardly active because of how sick I feel. Just recently (like a month), I have been able to go on walks with Blake in the evenings. I still don't have an appetite and I have to force myself to eat (I gag multiple times everyday when I think, see, or smell certain foods).

I am sorry that I am vomiting all this information, but I just have an emotional need to do so. I mean I really am grateful to be pregnant, don't get me wrong. I knew I would get sick, but it's so much easier said than done. Everyday for the past 5 months, I wake up and stay home. If I feel good then I try to do my little projects around the house. There's no family around, and I do have friends in the ward but it's not the same. It's hard to be sick and be home by myself. Luckily, I have such a loving, supportive husband who is so kind and willing to help me out. My favorite part of the day is when he comes home and we are together.

I know everyone says that this will be worth it but 9 months of sickness really sucks.
I wish this time could go by faster. It's hard to not be able to feel like myself. I have to live one day at a time and look for the positive.



On a side note: Apollo hangs out with me all day. Apollo doesn't like to cuddle me during the day when Blake is gone. But after Blake gets home, Apollo has to sit like on top of me. Apollo gets really jealous when Blake and I sit on the couch together... that always brings a smile to my face no matter what. :)

14 comments:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

That is so exciting!
A boy! I love it!
Thank you for showing me what it's like to have a pregnancy like yours. I've had "painful" pregnancies but never SICK pregnancies. It must be so hard. I am impressed with how you want to have as many children as you and physically and mentally handle, that's a great way to look at it.
You're a great mother already!

Paige said...

Hang in there Celeste. I am excited that you are having a boy. It will all be worth it for sure!

Naomi Martineau said...

Congrats on the boy! I am so sorry you've been so sick :(

My puppy is the same, she doesn't like to cuddle with me until she gets jealous of something/someone else lol

The Jensen's said...

Wow, rewind 11 months ago and this was me. It is hard not having family around and it STINKS being sick EVERYDAY! But you know what? The sickness WILL end. I think that's what got me through it all, that it will end and in it's place will be a sweet, slobbering, cute, pooping little baby. Good luck! Congrats on the little boy!

Brett and Liz Stephens said...

So awesome that it is a boy!!! That will be so fun! Hope I get a boy someday :) Sorry that your pregnancy has been so hard but you can do it. It's a good thing that you are done with school and Blake has a good job so you can stay home and watch Lost :) since you are so sick. Wish we lived closer I would come hang out and watch movies with you and take care of you while Blake is gone. I like you! and I hope it gets better. It will seriously be the best feeling in the world when they hand you that little baby to hold for the first time. It is amazing. You are so awesome Celeste. i look up to you and have since I've known you. Like you!

Unknown said...

Celeste. I totally agree, it's SO HARD to be away from family and home by yourself all day. I'm so sorry dear.

Come out here for a week. Or two. You can lay around all day long and snuggle with my baby. Or nap. Or visit.

I would love some company with a sister!

SOOOO sorry you are feeling so lousy. It truly is SO HARD. I tell Lincoln every day I'm not going to do it again.

You are beautiful.

Congrats on your boy.

Unknown said...

Seriously. Talk of Blake. Come out if you want!

Sarager Family said...

This too shall pass. (That quote isn't actually in the Bible, but its fun to say). Sorry Celeste, but just think, you're going to have the cutest baby:)

Anonymous said...

I love your honesty. I can't imagine what it must be like, it's gotta be hard. Hang in there! And CONGRATS on your little baby boy :D

Morgan and Melissa Sarager said...

Yah a boy!!! I'm sorry you have been feeling so lousy. I know people tell you "it will pass" "you'll forget all about the bad stuff" which is true but it doesn't help how you feel now! I feel for you. Hopefully you won't have to deal with this with all your pregnancies. You never know! The next one might be a breeze =)

Geoff, Amanda and Katherine said...

My morning sickness was nearly so bad and I'm totally with you. I don't like being pregnant at all. If there was another way to bring kids into the world, I would do it, but there is something about completely sacrificing your own body for the health and welfare of your child. You are going to love this boy SO MUCH that words won't be able to touch it, BECAUSE of all you'll go through for him... and you haven't even started the nursing and sleeplessness and worry that comes after he is born. The whole process of attachment is amazing. I don't think you'll forget your sickness. You'll just think he is worth it.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on it being a little boy! How exciting!
But Being Pregnant is hard! Talk to your DR about taking 1/2 a Unisom (s/p?) pill and a vitamin b6. It killed my nausea with no side-effects, and Unisom is a safe medication for pregnancy. My Dr. told me that when I was pregnant anyway. She also said that there used to be a prescription using the same ingredients for pregos on the market but so many people were doing it the back door way that the company making the pill was losing money, so they took it off the market.
Anyway, whatever you decide, good luck!

Sara said...

Hang in there, Celeste! It sounds so awful. It's a lovely miracle you're going to be having a sure-to-be adorable little boy! And just think, if you can't handle another pregnancy (which would be completely understandable as not all women have such hard time), just think of all the wonderful children you could adopt. You will be a wonderful mother either way!

Kaylene said...

Hey Celeste, I just stumbled onto your blog through Caroline's... and I am so excited for you guys. I remember hearing Seth say you didn't want to have any more babies because of how awful you've been feeling, I'm so sorry it has been so hard. My first pregnancy I was sick for about the first 4 months, but with my second I was hardly ever sick. It really depends on the pregnancy. But seriously you don't need to be thinking of having any more, just enjoy your little guy when he gets here, and take it from there.