Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Teton Creek












On Memorial Day, Blake, Christine, Apollo, and I drove to Teton Creek. On our way there, we met some people who got their car stuck in the snow. Luckily we had a shovel to help dig them out. You might ask, "There is still snow?" And my reply to you is YES! There is still a ton of snow in the mountains. Most of the time we hiked we were on snow. Christine and I wore snow shoes for the first time on a part of the trail.

Blake climbed up this rock and saw a big, red fox about 10 feet away from him. Christine and I didn't see it...dang it.

On our way back, as were were taking a picture, we saw as Moose just right off the trail. This trip was the first hiking trip for Apollo. He did alright, but on the way back he kept stopping because his little feet were cold and he was shaking. He had to carry him a part of the way back...LOL

It was a beautiful day in the Tetons and we can't wait to do lots more hiking this summer.

Afterwards, we made a camp fire at Eagle Park and roasted hot dogs with Fielding and his new girlfriend. Of course we had smores.

5 comments:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

I forgot y'all are all up there!
Your hikes are so inspiring!
Makes me want to go hike a MT right now haha!

Marcinelle said...

I always love your nature blogs, Celeste! You and Blake and Christine and of course, Apollo, all look amazing and beautiful out there in the woods! The fox was hot too! A picture really is worth a thousand words.

Andrew said...

WOW!! So beautiful!! Love it!! I have never seen a wild fox...well except Marcinelle...
Love you all!

Brett and Liz Stephens said...

Looks so fun! the mountains are beautiful and so is your face. Like you!

Paige said...

Hahaha!!! I loved your Dad's comment. He's so cute. Anyway, the fox is cool! I'm wondering about Fielding's new girlfriend. Exciting, hope to see a picture. Lucky girl.