Friday, January 16, 2009

Evo-what?

Blake and I are back at school again for BYU-I's winter semester! This is my last full semester here! Woot Woot! I am way excited! School is keeping us busy and I know I won't be able to blog as much as I would like to.

I am taking some pretty fun classes like snowboarding (3rd year now with Blake) and a guitar class. I have always wanted to learn how to play and the teacher is really talented. Yesterday, Blake and I went to Grand Targhee and it was a beautiful sunny day.

I am taking a really interesting class on Evolutionary Analysis. Do you believe in evolution or anything like it? Do you not believe in it? I am interested in your comments. I have my own theory (that is changing and molding) that I will post later on this semester (whether right or wrong). I just want to see what you know about evolution and how it fits into your belief system.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am excited for your last full semester!

I don't know if I have ever had any concrete theories on evolution. I think it is all a bit intertwined.

Mariah Grace said...

Hey Celeste! Thanks for commenting on my blog! It was so good to hear from you :) It looks like you an Blake are doing well--congrats on the last semester of school! Oh, and evolution... I'm not sure. I don't think that the Bible meant that the world was created in LITERALLY 7 days, but I think there are a lot of questions to save for the 2nd coming :) I am taking a class right now about the beginning of the world, and we are learning a lot, so maybe my opinion will be change soon, or at least be more concrete! Take care!

Marcinelle said...

How wonderful that you are taking a snowboarding class (3rd year) with Blake and learning how to play the guitar! Is this your sixth instrument that you play? You are so musically talented! I don't really know what I think about evolution. Obviously I do believe in a Great Creator and that the Savior died for our sins. Where evolution contradicts this, it is wrong.
Celeste, thanks to you and Blake for a most fantabulous visit! Dad and I love you both so much! Have a grand semester! I wish you and Blake an enjoyable education experience this winter! Good luck in all your studies! Remember, "you can do this, you love this, and things are going well!"
Love, Mom

julie said...

ya sorry we never got to hang out! We took off Monday afternoon from Island Park and had a 5 hour drive ahead of us- Ian hates driving in the dark. We have to hang out soon! That's awesome you've been able to go snowboarding so much! I really want to go before winter is over but i don't think that will happen. =/ Miss you!

Unknown said...

I think it's fine if people want to study evolution. As long as they understand that they are studying HOW God does it, because HE IS in fact, doing it.

julie said...

ooo celestial! that is so awesome this is your last full semester- i bet you are so excited to be done!

julie said...

i'm sorry i haven't written that many comments on yours! i'll be better celestial - i like you! :0)

Brett and Liz Stephens said...

I look on your blog every time I am on here and guess what I see... Never a new post. YOu should blog more. I will comment all the time now. I love to get comments so I guess I should comment more. Sorry girlfriend. I like you!

julie said...

...more blog posts please! :0)