Saturday, September 27, 2008

Something in the trees...

The little 11 year old boy (Jake) yelled and ask if someone was there. There was no reply but a continuance of the shaking of trees. I knew that a person or persons could not make that kind of noise but a big hoofed animal. Blake and I look at each other and said, "It's a moose!" We made everyone get out of the trees and brush immediately because moose are super aggressive and defensive.
The little boy Jake was totally freaked out about the moose (it was kinda funny). We heard a snort as we left the brush. We were not able to cut down the rest of the tree (the first picture is right before the moose came). Blake and Tyson left to go get another tree.
Twenty minutes later I see a Blake driving back with a huge log tied on to the back of his Rover. LOL. I got the fire started and we started cutting up the log. It was a cottonwood log and as hard as a rock. My hands were sore.
Earlier today we had bought our first axe from CAL Ranch. Blake was chopping up the wood and all of a sudden the wooden handle of the axe split apart! Haha Cheap axe.
I was hoping to see the moose but it was to dark to see it. I love moose.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

A MOOSE! I love it! Good thing you stayed safe

julie and ian said...

I love your facial expression in the pic where you're sitting by the fire!

Marcinelle said...

A moose on the loose is a scary thing! What an adventure! Blake is so macho that the axe could not cope with his strength!

Amy said...

I have to get that picture of Tyson!