Sunday, August 10, 2008

Gone in Sixty Seconds

Well, Blake left Sunday after to go to ISU for a week camp about Nuclear Engineering. I had to go to a meeting before he left and I asked Blake if he could find my car keys before he left. I did this because I didn't lake see my keys that morning and I thought he would leave his keys (he didn't need them) if he couldn't find mine. When I got back from my meeting Blake had already left for Pocatello. I looked around the apartment for my keys and I called him up and asked if he saw where my keys were. He couldn't find my keys before he left. I then went out to look at the Rover and my keys were sitting in the passenger seat. I have a hide-a-key for the Rover that we made at Wal-mart but it doesn't open up the car doors it only starts the car. There is also a hide-a-key for the Honda but it only starts the car and Blake left that car unlocked. So, I had two keys that were worthless.
Blake thought he might come back to Rexburg to help me get back into the car. Instead we called up his parents to see if they could help us out. Daris (Blake's dad) has a slim jim kit to get into cars. Daris and Lorraine came over at about 9:30pm to help break into the Rover. With the help of a flashlight, a leatherman, a slim jim, and a prayer Daris got the door unlocked! Way to go Daris, he has never even tried it before! It only took him 20 min. which is not bad for an amateur. Sure it's no Gone in Sixty Seconds but hey we got the keys. Thanks Dad!

7 comments:

Sarager Family said...

Oh the adventures of life. Good thing family lives near you. xoxo

Amber said...

Oh Daris. I can just hear Lorraine saying,"Let's say a little prayer," at the scene. Classic. It's a good thing our inlaws are love us.

Unknown said...

Wow Celeste. I'm glad you got it worked out. What an adventure!

Unknown said...

It's ok celeste, I once locked my keys in the car right before a big chemical engineering party. I was incharge of bring the drinks too.

Unknown said...

That was lincoln who said that

katielizabethawkes said...

Celeste! let's be blog friends. I just love all your cute pictures of you and your hubby....love it. It makes me happy to see you so happy. And good job on breaking into your car :)

Marcinelle said...

I remember once when you were little that we were at the car wash and you were inside the Astro van and locked the doors and I was locked outside. I was frantic! I don't remember how we solved it but somehow we got the door unlocked. You were so cute inside the van that it was hard to be upset with you! (My memory was that you were laughting!)